The project will investigate different aspects related to remote driving operation, which includes:
- Challenges for the driver of teleoperated vehicles in a system of systems.
- Requirements on driver feedback and vehicles during teleoperation.
- Systems-of-systems architecture and infrastructures to support teleoperated driving and control tower operation.
- Laws and regulations concerning remote driving.
The main results from the project will be tools, methods, and demonstrations of remote driving operations. The focus is on road vehicles such as passenger cars and trucks. The project also include comprehensive studies to give valuable scientific results on technical requirements for remote driving operations, as well as overviews of related regulation and laws.
Different platforms available within the project will be used to conduct research on the topics above. These platforms are, for example, driving simulators, research concept vehicles, production vehicle equipped with remote driving system, etc. Lastly, the results will be demonstrated using the platforms.
This is a three-year project (December 2019 - November 2022), funded by Sweden’s Innovation Agency (VINNOVA).
- Maytheewat Aramrattana
- Website | Project: REDO - vti.se